CoreMotion is unlike any other workout because it’s a challenging, strengthening, cardio workout without any impact on the joints. Here are 10 more reasons to do it. Now.
- Muscles. Need we say more? 600 of them, all fired up and working to effective muscle failure to get you fit and toned. You will start asking for the Italian cut. You’ll look great in a white t-shirt. More importantly, you will be stronger. And you need to get stronger, because your wife is in the studio three times a week and she can probably lift you over her head by now.
- Bone density. Maybe bones don’t have the same sex appeal as muscles, but when you increase bone density, you decrease the risk of fractures from that Sunday rugby game you’re still in, or the pick-up basketball habit you can’t drop.
- The Afterburn. Our slow controlled movements with minimal rest between sets keeps your heart rate up to maximize excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). This metabolic boost is even greater in the beginning, giving you an awesome jumpstart to your sleek new physique.
- Up your game. Our workout constantly challenges your core stability, which teaches your body how to react in sports performance or any situation that requires a quick reaction. Improve your golf game, streak to the top of those paddle tennis rankings. You won’t believe how much you can increase your athleticism with core stabilization.
- Live longer. Cardio fitness combats heart disease, stroke, obesity and diabetes.
- Get a promotion. A workout during the day like our 40-minute HardCore class at noon amps up your productivity. You’ll be more focused, less stressed and better at your job—all in less time than it takes to go eat a burrito.
- Get high. On endorphins. Exercise reduces anxiety and boosts your mood.
- Get tantric. At CoreMotion, you will gain greater flexibility and mobility in your hips, shoulders and inner thighs. Yeah, baby.
- Gain endurance. We train slow twitch muscle fibers. These are more efficient at using oxygen to generate fuel for continuous, extended muscle contractions over a long time. In other words, these muscles can go for a long time before they fatigue. Think marathons, long bike rides. (And see tantric, above.)
- Your aching back! Prevent back pain and relieve those aches by strengthening and improving the mobility of your back, glutes, hips and thighs. The posture gains you’ll make will put less compression on the back and also help you breathe more easily and efficiently. (Ladies aren’t necessarily turned on by panting. Again, see tantric.)
Share This Post:
You’re engaged and in charge. With the unabashed delight of an 8-year-old chosen to captain her dodge ball team, you’ve selected your squad of bridesmaids with care. Even as you read this, they are searching online for a size 8 lime green dress that won’t make them look like a bag of guavas.
You are convinced that lime is the it bridal color this season, although you can’t remember where you read that.
You need help.
It’s an insane feature of our culture that a bride-to-be chooses a contemporary to guide her through her choices as she prepares for her wedding day. In many cases, you have the blind leading the blind without any critical analysis of the preparations whatsoever. (Except from your future mother-in-law, and let’s face it, her voice just sounds like a grown-up in a Charlie Brown cartoon. Whaa –ah- whaa -ah whaa-ah.)
Your mother is as caught up as you are in the table centerpieces and your wedding party is focused on planning the bachelorette and fitting into their lime green dresses. No one is hitting the pause button to make you think about a few critical items. Which brings you to me.
I was a bride who chose a song from the original Batman Movie soundtrack for her slow dance. I had a team of horses carry me to the wedding. And I ended up divorced. I am older than you and wiser, just by virtue of the number of mistakes I have piled up like jeans I’ll never wear again in my closet. So I thought I’d share some thoughts for you from your Virtual Fairy GodMaidofHonor.
All of these little pensées fall into one overriding giant piece of advice: Don’t plan for a day. Plan for a lifetime. You can make wise choices on the way to the wedding that will serve you and your beloved until the day comes when you’re the cutest couple in the old age home. To that end:
- Don’t starve yourself into a dress. The effects of a very low calorie diet can include fatigue, depression, nausea, gallstones, heart problems, electrolyte imbalances and loss of lean muscle mass. Do you want to feel great in a dress? Find a workout that will safely shift your body composition into a lean, mean bridal machine. Something that will become a healthy habit for you long after you’ve written your last thank you note.
- You are already beautiful. And you will stay beautiful as you age. Nonetheless, if you start healthy habits now with caring for your hair, skin and teeth, you will reap the benefits over a lifetime. What if one day Instagram did away with their filters? Think about it. Don’t be beholden to Silicon Valley filter-makers. They seem like a fickle bunch to me.
- When you’re thinking about your bridal registry, think long term. Start planning your home, not just making a list of things you want right this minute. Today you love anything with a bird on it. Will you still feel that way 3 years from now? Three months from now? Think neutral for big-ticket items and save the trendy pantones for accents. I say this as a woman who painted her walls red one year, then Tiffany blue the next.
- Who are you marrying? That’s right. Your beloved. Not the rest of your beloved’s family. Learn some boundaries. Quickly.
- Find a wedding photographer you love and trust who will grow with you and your family. Trust me, once you have children, you will never be in a photograph again. Find someone who can take gorgeous headshots for your grown-up social media accounts and regular family portraits that will feature you with whatever family you create, all artfully scattered around YOU.
- Dare to be different on your Big Day. It should reflect you as a couple and set the tone for the rest of your life. Want to register for a pair of mountain bikes instead of bone china? Go for it. Look at your wedding as a way to announce who you are as a couple. We crave adventure! We make good health a priority! We like peanut butter frosting! The day will pass in the click of a wedding photographer’s shutter, but the habits you create on the way to the wedding will last a lifetime.
Want more help? Lucky for you, I’ve gathered a host of local experts who want to share their wisdom and wedding tips with you for free. Come visit us on May 15 from 2 to 5 p.m. at Your Wedding Day and Beyond: A Bridal/Lifestyle Expo. It will take place at CoreMotion studios, including a free CoreMotion Bridal Party Express Class to get you started on those sleeveless-wedding-dress delts. Click here to sign up for your free class and an afternoon of treats, advice, raffles and fun! REGISTER HERE
Bring your groom, your wedding party, your mother. And maybe rethink the lime.
Share This Post: